Dead SW12II

speed3

Hi.

The only thing that has ever happened to my sw12 is that the positive lead from the amplifier to the woofer became disconnected. Luckily, it was an easy fix. Is your light on when powered up? If not, did you check the fuse. If those things check out ok, it would probably not be cost effective to repair.

Time for an upgrade....

Take care

Mike

I will check the lead, but I'm not very hopeful. It sounds like the repair would be $240 plus shipping. How do you like your Hsu sub? I may consider them as a possible replacement. How does it compare to your RSW 10? I am concerned that many new subs, especially in the $500-1000 range are not very musical.

I LOVE this Hsu. The Hsu, being a larger sub, does have higher output and reaches lower depths than the rsw10. I placed the RSW-10 right next to my seat, under the end table to add more of that slam with music and it does ~incredibly~ well at this. Perfect spot for it in my room. Both are very musical. I wouldn't give up either one.

The RSW-10 would out-run the SW-12 with no probem. Again, both of these subs are very clean, powerful, and musical.. Both are winners.[:D]

Take care

Mike