here's a pair of bargain priced amps :)

laurenc319

$252K - $60K = $192,000.00 loss - makes me wonder why the price is so low... 8 out of 10?

Those 2 points of condition cost almost $100K each?

I'm guessing not the original owner? (not the original new price)

Still, this is the top of the SET heap, right? From the web:

GAKU-ON is Kondo's high power amplifier rated at 55 watts of pure class A and can drive any speaker. These mono block amplifiers are hand made, limited edition, works of art. Each output transformer in the Gaku-On amplifier takes 500 hours to make - about three months. Other parts are made with similar obsessiveness. Over 1000 hours of hand labour are needed to create a pair of Gaku-Ons.

Hmmm, did anyone noticed the pictures being from 2005?

Would these be another scam like on Ebay?
I could not help to notice that the seller is in the UK, like most of the scammers on ebay.
Just a thought.

But I guess if you are going to spend that much money on an amp it would not cost that much more to fly over to go pick them up

[:D]

$252K - $60K = $192,000.00 loss - makes me wonder why the price is so low... 8 out of 10?

Those 2 points of condition cost almost $100K each?

I'm guessing not the original owner? (not the original new price)

Still, this is the top of the SET heap, right? From the web:

GAKU-ON is Kondo's high power amplifier rated at 55 watts of pure class A and can drive any speaker. These mono block amplifiers are hand made, limited edition, works of art. Each output transformer in the Gaku-On amplifier takes 500 hours to make - about three months. Other parts are made with similar obsessiveness. Over 1000 hours of hand labour are needed to create a pair of Gaku-Ons.

Granted it's crazy money, but as far as these things go, it seems about right. Most $$$$ gear seems to go at about 1/2 price after a few years; further reduced for the age and I guess you come out to 60k.

So let's see: 250k for amp, 100k for the matching pre, I think the DAC is about 35-40k, fancy Kondo KSL silver speaker wires, power and ICs at I'm just gonna guess 10k, and your only at about 400k without a transport or speakers.

This must be the systemDr. Who needs to deal with room problems...[:)]