Need Help

sammythecat

I have a Yamaha 5660 receiver connected to my DirectTV HDTV Hughes box.

I connected a Klipsch Power Subwoofer, a Pair of SR 2 Synergy Series front Left and Right Speakers, a Klipsch Center Speaker, and 2 Klipsch Left/Right Rear Speakers. The Subwoofer is connected using the LEF out connection, the Speakers are wired into the Subwoofer. The subwoofer seems to be working fine, it shakes the whole house!

However, I get low sound from the front and rear speakers. Sometimes the front speakers have no sound coming from them, only the center channel is playing, and the rear speakers never sound like they are playing at all, in 5.1 Dolby or other surround sound signals.

When I hook up my small Bose speakers to see if the amp was the problem, the sound is as expected in both front and rear speakers.

What am I doing wrong with my Klipsch system?

Thanks for any advise, perhaps I have everything hooked up wrong???

Thanks, I thought that might be the problem, but was unsure.

I just hooked up my sub using LFE a few weeks ago, because I could not get the hum out of the direct wire connect, after several wire/connector configurations it still hummed, only the LFE stopped the problem.

I will now rewire the speakers to the amp directly.

Thanks, I thought that might be the problem, but was unsure.

I just hooked up my sub using LFE a few weeks ago, because I could not get the hum out of the direct wire connect, after several wire/connector configurations it still hummed, only the LFE stopped the problem.

I will now rewire the speakers to the amp directly.