Bookshelf buying advice

Ratlater

Hello all, just bought a house and looking into setting up a home theater system. The room is fairly small at about 14' deep and 10' wide and the area where the TV is a bit space constrained so I'm going to be forced into bookshelf speakers. Should I go with the rb-81 or the rb-61?

I'm going with the rc-62 and I'm not sure on surrounds yet as the room has some interesting needs in that department and I'll probably won't be able to go past 5.1 at least not without a lot of work. I have an older 10" sony sub currently, but will probably get a new one soon. Probably listen to music 30% of the time on this as well.

I'm buying a new receiver too and looking at the denon 2807 or a pioneer elite 82, nothing purchased yet though.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Welcome to the madness.

If you are going to get the RC-62 then the RB-81 would be the proper matching bookshelf speakers. Do you have a place around you that you can listen to everything, RC-62 with RB-81 and RC-62 with RB-61? I hope the only place isn't Best.... It would be better if you can find a stereo shop that has everything and take your own music to hear how the two combinations sound to you. That is the real thing, how it sounds to you.

Have fun and keep is posted as to what you end up with.

James

I just ordered a set of RB-81s and a RC-62. I work at a Klipsch dealer and so I've had the chance to install and listen to various combinations. I plan on driving them with a Marantz receiver. I'll post a review when I get it all setup.