sound card question?

Judge17

ok im gettin the pro media 4.1s on the 22nd and i have a sound blaster live value card right now. do i have to upgrade my sound card to get the full affect of these speakers if so i was thinking of upgrading to the sound blaster audigy x gamer card. Plz reply trying to figure this stuff out before i buy these speakers.

THX THE JUDGE

If you have the 4.1's then that card will work fine with the speakers. BUT, if you want superior sound, I would get any of the following. Voyetra Turtle Beach Santa Cruz ($79) sound card (amazingly clear and precise sound) the Philips Accoustic Edge ($79-89)(very clear sound, can do 5.1 channeling for future setups, not as powerful for super hardcore gamers but if you have at least 128 mb of ram and a 600Mhz CPU, you will be more than ok), or the Hercules Game Theater XP ($129) which has outputs and inputs galore! optical and coaxal digital inputs AND outputs, two midi's, more powerful than the AE, can do upt to 6.1 channeling, same chip as the Santa Cruz, just not as good of drivers, and has a daughterboard that holds all of the inputs na doutputs, including usb Smile.gif

If you just want beautiful sound for all applications (especially music), get the Santa Cruz. If you want a very solid, great overall card that can do 5.1 channeling in for future setups, get the Accoustic Edge. If you are an extreme gamer and want all of those inputs and outputs, get the GTXP.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150