RB-51 - RF-25

chris98007

Hey all,

I was wondering and thoughts on the rb51. I have the rf25 now however i need to get some fronts that are off the floor. I like the rf25's, they have great sound and range (This is for movie watching). I might have to buy the rb51s without seeing or hearing them so your input is vital!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I'm suprised no one has responded to you. Hope the thread is not too old. You have not mentioned your other speakers or amp so I will respond as best I can.

Generally, bookshelf speakers like the rb51 will need to be set to 'small' in your amp setup. This sends bass below the crossover (say 80hz) to the subwoofer. The RB51s should sound ok if your subwoofer is decent. If you currently have the RF25s set to small, the difference in sound quality should be minimal. If not, the quality of the low bass will be determined by your subwoofer.

For the higher frequencies, the rb51s have the new tweeter which in my view sounds much better than the old one you have in the 25s, but then may not match perfectly with your centre. The power handling of the rb51s is also reduced to 75W rms from the 25s 125W. A problem in a large room at high volumes, in which case the rb61 is needed.

For the mid frequencies, I cannot comment as, unfortunately, I have only had the opportunity to hear the larger rb61s; set up with a good subwoofer, they sounded good on movies. Hope this helps.