WTB pair of Forte II or Quartet's in Indianapolis

davisindy

I am finally able to replace my KG2's that I purchased new in 1987.

I am interested in a pair of Forte II or Quartet's and possibly the right pair of Heresy's.

Any condition or cabinet material considered.

I am willing to travel to pick them up to reduce the possibility of damage and eliminate shipping cost.

These are for my personal use.

Also I would like to say that the information I have gotten from this forum is incredible and can not wait to learn more.

Michael I greatly appreciate the offer but I am going to hold out for the Forte II/quartet/heresy for now.

I am still mourning the loss of the forte II that were on EBAY from Fishers that was BIN that I never even seen before they were gone right from under my nose.

Michael,

I was finally able to locate a bottle of the Weldbond glue you recommended to repair the Passive on my Forte II. I must have checked at least 6 different hardware and craft shops before I could find it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Your advice was right on the money. The tear sealed up nicely and it doesn't really stand out when you look at it. All of the material was still there, so that really helped. I used just enough to seal it and stiffen it without adding too much weight. You can certainly see it, but it's doesn't jump out at you any longer.

Most importantly, it certainly made a difference sonically. Previously, when I did an A/B in mono with the Forte with the good PR, the torn PR was slower, quieter, and wouldn't reach the lowest lows. After the repair, there is no noticeable difference sonically. I played some rap (ducks) just to test the lowest of the lows, and it plays loud and tight. I would even risk being branded as a Heretic by saying they thump (in a good way). Forte II's are awesome.

Davis,

Lots of us Indiana folks here , eargerly want Fortes also..................There is a long line.................

Bill H. sorry didnt mean to step on any toes, glad to hear I am on the right track though with my desire of some Forte II.

I dont mind standing in line when its worth it.

Bill H. no problem. I understand protecting ones turf. I wish I would have found this site a long time ago, then I wouldnt have been a newbie looking for heritage speakers.

But then again if I hadnt been in the market for some I may have never found this site.

I am a moderator on 2 web sites related to the automobiles I collect, race, show and restore so I am familar with these types of forums and do not to jump to any conclusions or read to much into anyones comments that I do not know personaly. So on that note I hope to meet you sometime soon as well as the other Indy Klipsch fanatics.

Michael,

I was finally able to locate a bottle of the Weldbond glue you recommended to repair the Passive on my Forte II. I must have checked at least 6 different hardware and craft shops before I could find it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Your advice was right on the money. The tear sealed up nicely and it doesn't really stand out when you look at it. All of the material was still there, so that really helped. I used just enough to seal it and stiffen it without adding too much weight. You can certainly see it, but it's doesn't jump out at you any longer.

Most importantly, it certainly made a difference sonically. Previously, when I did an A/B in mono with the Forte with the good PR, the torn PR was slower, quieter, and wouldn't reach the lowest lows. After the repair, there is no noticeable difference sonically. I played some rap (ducks) just to test the lowest of the lows, and it plays loud and tight. I would even risk being branded as a Heretic by saying they thump (in a good way). Forte II's are awesome.

Glad to be of service, you didn't take any before/after photos by any chance did you? I'd like to better document some of our fixes like that. I will be putting the waffle grilles on my Forte II's this weekend and will document this.

post-10755-13819330407304_thumb.jpg