In Wall Design

Dustyn

Hello All,

This is my first post. I am trying to design a HT that I actually like listening to. As you can see in the pictures, my speakers are located in the wrong place. I had a local Klipsch dealer do the install. I was so dissapointed with the results I almost gave up. I have a two year old that loves to get into everything so I think I am going to go with In wall. My question is this; can you the experts provide assistance to design a correct layout? What should I use for a center? I am shopping for a new receiver so I could go with 5.1 vs 7.1. Please help.

Hopefully the pics will load.

Thanks,

Dustyneaster2007%20019

attachment.php?attachmentid=80357

attachment.php?attachmentid=80356

Dustyn welcome to the forum, I notice that your pics have not posted, at least I don't see them in your three posts. There are folks here who could help you with that, you may want to start a new thread under a general forum category with a title that spotlights this problem.....

For in-walls, I have R5800s for rears in my family room. They sound quite decent, but cannot compete with the RF-35s or RC-35 mains and center. If you could swing speaker cabinets across the front it would really be better. I've run my rears as the single speakers connected to my Denon AVR 1804 and connected them as the L/R mains. They don't sound bad at all, they just cannot approach the punch of my towers. The R58002 have a horn which swivels and a treble switch and a bass switch, they install easily if you think thru the installation, and I cannot complain about their sound. There are also several other Klipsch in-walls, or there were the last time I checked the product line.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a copy of my first post as well. I am in the process of working on Home Theatre # 3. I want to go in-walls this time. The field is huge and I've eliminated the competition down to Klipsch. I always loved horns since I was a kid but have been using domed fabric, titanium, aluminum type tweeters for the last 13 years. At the price point of the entire in-wall 8" series (R-5800-W for the L,C,R, R-5650-S for the surrounds, & R-5802 for the left & right subs) can't be beat. This is defintely the way I want to go for 5.1 audio. Attached is a proposal for the front "wall of sound" concept. The surrounds will be placed just behind the listening area on the side walls - not the back wall. Let me know what you guys think.

post-26452-13819333978812_thumb.jpg