Looks like I'm getting some Heresy IIIs

I just moved into a nice old aparment. Loots of square footage, but it's comprised of a lot of smaller rooms, not one big one. My listening room is not big - about the size of a modest bedroom. So far, I've been enjoying my KG 2.2s with my crappy solid state equipment. These speakers are small, and about 16 years old, so it's time to upgrade. Due mostly to size constraints, it looks like the Heresy IIIs will be my next speaker. Based on a lot of research on this forum, I feel confident that they will be fine in my little room - the 2.2s are placed in the corners, on the floor, by the walls, and I am getting more than enough bass, so I am not too worried about the low end.

I plan on driving to suburban Philly to do some listening tests on the H3s, but I doubt any dealers' showrooms can really appoximate my listening room's quirks. I just want to see how they differ from the H3s. etc.

Also due to limited room, I will be getting an tubed integrated amp, hopefully a Scott 299 on Audiogon or Ebay - or anyone out there who wants to sell me one that's in decent working order.

Some day: Khorns, a Blueberry, and a pair of VRDs. It's motivation to make a lot of money (I work in sales) and move into a big house with a big listening room! [:)]

I would appreciate anybody's suggestions on integrated tube amps. I am looking for one that is either all tube, or even a hybrid. It must have decent bass, and a phono stage wouldn't hurt either.

I was researching the Manley Stingray, the Unison Research Unico, even the Mesa Tigris (does Mesa even make this anymore?). Also the Cayins and the Prima Lunas, but I am not keen on buying stuff made in China - maybe used. Is Jolida Chinese made? What about Cary?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Heresy III's and a Scott 299...............Don't get much better than that............I like my set-up alot...........I run a sub woofer with my Scott, more Bass than I want or need.............Don't let the size of the Heresy's fool you...............

Nope, don't want to use a subwoofer. I read the Scott 299 had excellent bass. What would you say?

The Heresy III has real good Bass response................In my opinion, the 3's are the Best of the Heresy Line.............When I run my SS Yamaha Receiver I have to run the sub...................The Scott 299 does not require a sub......but, I have one, so I hooked it up, needless to say, the Sub remains hooked up...............Watch this forum for NOSvavled Scotts.....awesome units..........

The Heresy III has real good Bass response................In my opinion, the 3's are the Best of the Heresy Line.............When I run my SS Yamaha Receiver I have to run the sub...................The Scott 299 does not require a sub......but, I have one, so I hooked it up, needless to say, the Sub remains hooked up...............Watch this forum for NOSvavled Scotts.....awesome units..........

Wouldn't it be cool if Craig at NosValves were to introduce an integrated amp to his lineup? Or what about a Juicy Music integrated? They'd sell a lot of those things!