RF-63/RC-64 vs. RF-62/RC-62 in sound?

joeboo6113

Using a Yammy 2700 av receiver is there gonna be a difference as far as loud listening levels to movies or sound quality goes? What combo would better suit my needs for the action packed explosive level of of home theater that I desire. I just want some opinions before finally decideing what to purchase for my front LCR. I want to be able to hear every word of dialouge even at quiet levels and not needing to say "what did he/she just say and have to rewind.

There's a huge difference in price but not necessarily sound. It all depends how big your room is and how big your budget. If you're on a fixed budget and will be sacrificing your surrounds and sub woofer to get the better fronts then you might want to reconsider.

For home theater the center and the sub are about the most important I would say. You might want to consider the RF82 and RC62 (or RC64) combo followed up with an RSW10d (or RT10d) and some RB81's and/or RS62's. If budget is no concern then get the best you can afford the RF63 System is pretty sweet.

As for listening level and hearing every nuance in your movies, both will do that. Use YPAO to set the speaker levels and things should sound just right. I have RB81's for Fronts and Surrounds a RC62 center and a RW12d sub. They fill my 12x20 theater room perfectly. Dialog is always sharp and crisp. Mind you, if I could have afforded the RF63's and RC64 I would have definitely went with them instead. On my budget however I would have had to axe the sub and surrounds to do so.

What you will really have to do, and what everyone else will say, is listen to the different speakers and pick the ones that sound the best to you.