Heresy II - reference or synergy

pretzelb

Just wondering if the Heresy II's match up better with the Reference or Synergy series? I just purchased some SS1 for surrounds and they seem nice but I wonder if the RS3 would be better. The salesmen will always tell me that Reference is a better match but I'm not sure I fully trust that opinion.

I did some research but didn't find a post asking this specific question. Let me say that Belle, LaScala, Klipshorns or more Heresy's are not an option I would consider. While these may technically be the best solution, they are not an option for me because of price and/or size.

I was seriously considering getting rid of the Heresy's because of all my matching problems. But after reading all the posts on them it seems I have a very valuable set of speakers that are held in high opinion. Perhaps they're wasted on my poor ears Smile.gif I decided to try and keep going forward with them but it's getting to be a pain trying to figure out what is the best solution. I envy the people who own something from the Synergy or Reference line and only need to save money for their next purchase Smile.gif

-M

mcqueene:

I should have asked you in your other post what you had for the fronts. SS-1's are certainly a mismatch as surrounds for Heresy II's, especially in dynamics.

You also mentioned possibly taking the Heresy II's out and going all Synergy series in your system. I know I will not be the only one to tell you...don't do that unless it fits better in your decor. Synergy speakers are an excellent value for the money, but Heresy II's are definitely a step-up in sound. Build on your front sound. If smaller is what you need for the rear and you liked the effects produced by the WDST SS-1's I would definitely look at the new RS-7's for the rear. Their dynamics will work well with the Heresy II's so rear effects will sound much more realistic in comparison with your fronts. I don't know if you have a subwoofer or not and if you don't, the RS-7's will crank out some serious bass for surrounds.

If you can't fit another Heresy II for the center, a KLF-C7 (if you can find one) or a new RC-7 would be the recommendation there.

PhilH

PhilH

Sorry, I should have created a sig first with my setup in it. Here's the info

Fronts - Heresy II

Center - KSFC5

Sub - Paridigm PDR10(?)

Surround - SS1

After reading all that I've read in this forum, I think I've screwed up almost every purchase. I built this system over 3 years and have gone by the salesman recommendation in most cases, and budget in others. To be fair, it's very hard to listen to this stuff when you don't have it in the store. That's why I yearn for the simplicity of owning a series that is still being sold. I could at least hear the complete system then make purchases over time.

I hear what you're saying on the RS7 but I find it difficult to swallow that price. The RS3 seemed a bit high also, especially considering how little data goes to the surrounds. I can see how spending a lot on center and sub (and fronts of course) would be important. I guess part of me is frugal (aka cheap) and the other part realizes that I am not as intense about this as many in this forum. Plus, I don't have a dedicated media room so I have a hard time shelling out a lot on premium equipment that may be wasted by room layout.

I might see if the dealer has the RS3 to demo but their 3 day return policy makes it a rush job and the price tag still seems high. Perhaps I should have stuck with the SB2's ...

Thanks for the info!!!

-M

------------------

Fronts - Heresy II

Center - KSFC5

Sub - Paridigm PDR10(?)

Surround - ???