Khorns&LaScalas For Sale In Texas

HornsRus

I bought them two days ago. The Khorns that is. 1975 Oil Walnut finish. The gentleman who was selling them took exceptional care of them. He was the first owner as well. I consider myself very blessed. Saw the ad late Sunday night, called Monday and went to get them. Now all I need to do is save up for a good amp. L8's.

Hi

I plan to purchase a pair of Klipschorns next year to take the job over after my JBL ti 2000 Smile.gif.

Been dreaming about them 15 years, now u know wide room & bunch of bucks needed :D

They would be running at least for a start with

> MERIDIAN 508 CD drive

> LUXMAN: class A preamp

class AB mos-fet amp

Now my question is this:

Provided the room (thick stone walls) is 10meters(L)x6meters(W)x3meters(H) and that the folded horn-loaded woofers need to sit in corners, in ur opinion how much gap (average) do u settle between Klipschorn's backsides and the walls

Thxx

------------------

<[faith & excitement: the basic food for one's brain>]

quote:

Originally posted by soundog:

No gap - they should be "sealed" to the wall with weatherstriping foam along their interior edges..

Thxx a lot soundog Smile.gif

I knew Klipschorns have to load woofer using the walls as extension to the exponential horn, and so need to snuggle right into a corner

Still I wondered if u had to leave two inches or so between wall and folded horn outflow backsides

So ur reply is cool cuz it will be easier for me to put it your way (other furniture settlement in the room)

Happy New Year

------------------

<[faith & excitement: the basic food for one's brain>]