Line Out on Subwoofer...

ryan1369

So I have had my iFi system for a few months now. At first everything worked perfectly.  I purchased it from a Sound Advice here in Jacksonville, FL.  I am using them as my computer speakers. When I use them with just the iPod dock, everything is fine.  When I plug them into my sound card (btw, I was using an x-fi card, then recently got a Chaintech AV-710) via the line-out, I only get sound out of the left speaker.  It happens the same with both sound cards.  I talked to a "geek" at best buy and described the problem to me and he thought it had something to do with the line-out port.  Now that I just replaced my sound card, I know that must be the problem.  Any suggestions on what I should do?  TIA

Ryan 

• 1 month later...

I know this sounds dumb... but make sure both plugs are plugged in all the way. Press as hard as you can! I had similar trouble once simply because one end of a stereo plug wasn't plugged in as far as it could go into the Volume Control Dock. Because of the way the stereo connector is designed, with segments along it's tip, if proper contact isn't made with each segment, you can end up with "one channel working and not the other".