Klipsch EPIC CF4 HIGH HORN BROKEN...

John Lee

Hello...

My Dad left me a pair of Epic CF4 (He passed away recently). Recently, I found out that there isn't any sound coming from the left speaker's high horn. I want to fix them by myself because I am only 19 years old, and I don't have enough money to send it to professional to fix. I want to take the high horn out myself and see if there any wires coming off. Is it hard to take the high horn out of the speaker. I saw six screws in front of the high horn, and can I unscrew them? Also, are there complex wires in the back of the high horn. Should I watch out for the foam in the back? If the high horn is broken, about how much will the horn cost if i order from Klipsch? Is it possible that there are problems in the wiring of the high horn?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME TIPS...

Can someone give me a step by step procedures?

Your helps are deeply appreciated

Thank you very much

I have the cf3s which are the same other than the woofers ( i think)? The cf4s have 12s and the 3s have 10s. Klipsch has replacemts for my cf3s so i would assume they would have them for your cf4s. As far as the horn , the part # for the cf3s is k-63-kn 2" compression driver kit $304.18 each and they do have them in stock . I hope this helps, go to contact on this forum and they will lead you in the right direction 1-800-274-5547 . Great peolpe to deal with and very fast service . As far as replacing , its simple .6 screws and 2 wires . just pay attention to your positive + and negative - wires , when installing your new driver.. Sorry about you father.