crossover help

vnzbd

Hello Klipsch experts. Several days ago I asked for help with cabinet repair on a Ebay deal on KSP-S6s. I got some great responces and was ready to go to work. Upon disassembling the cabinets to repair the damage, I found that the crossover board had also been damaged. It has broken completely in two, with only components holding it together. The seller is willing to assist with the cost of a new crossover as well as the cabinet repair, and still wants to avoid Fedex, so we are working together towards a solution. The bad news is that Klipsch no longer stocks that crossover. The part # is 116397. Does anybody have any advice on repair/replacement of this crossover ? Thanks for any suggestions

• 1 month later...

This post is to the forum member who contacted me about KSP-s6 crossover repair. When I received mine they had both cabinet damage and a broken in half crossover. Thanks to some forum members advise, I used some wood "bondo" on the cabinet for repair. Easy to work with. I had concerns about matching the black vinyl covering, and decided to try something different. I painted the top and bottoms with a product that simulates a stone finish. Fleck-stone mabey? Off the shelf at Home Depot. It really past the "wife acceptance factor" test, because if shes not happy..... well you know if your blessed to be married! I also finished my KLF c7 rebuilt cabinet( vertically stacked with the tweeter on top) with the same finish. I can't say how it will affect resale value, but am quite with my current set up, no salew in my near future.

To the meat of the subject, I had a local speaker repair shop( South Florida Speaker Repair ) do the work. I had considered doing itg myself, but I was working with a very honest and consiterate seller from ebay. We came to what we both felt was an equitable compromise on the final price. My purchase price was around $415 with shipping. The seller sent me a check for around $167. My cost for the crossover repair was $20. The repair was not very complicated. 6 traces needed solderd and they put some type of epoxy on the component side of the board.

Bottom line Is they sound and look good. My out the door price was very fair, so I am sure that any resale issues would not leave me in the hole, as I would of course disclose the speakers history. If you are looking for a great surround speaker, attempt the repair. Try to work with the seller with a open communication and workout an equitable solution. If your are in to perfection, then mabey ask for a refund. I am happy that I went thru with the repair.