Amplifier for RF7's

finwiz

I just purchased my first Klipsch speakers and want to upgrade an older high end component system. I my system includes an Axiom EP 350 12" sub which 'rocks'. My research, including hours reading this forum, has narrowed my search to the NAD C162/C272 separates, the NAD C372 integrated amp (same thing but $300-400 less), or the Rotel RX 1052. My RF7 listening will be almost all music. My impression is that the NAD's will result in a 'warmer' sound than the Rotel. Any input will be appreciated - I want to get this right since it's been 16 years since I last upgraded

Congrats...and Welcome.

Is there any way you can get an in home demo? Do you have any local dealers for both?

I know Rotel dealers will give a 7 day return policy, some will be $$ back, and some are exchange for a different piece.

Another option would be find someone close to you on the forum who would be willing to bring a component over for an in home trial.

A 3rd option is buy used on audiogon.com, and when you purchase "better" gear used (or new) it seems to hold its value quite well.

You are going to get a million opinions of what sounds "best" with the 7's, but the wisest way to do it is try it, then you tell us.....givin all the variables.