How to overide YPAO on Yamaha 2500??

dvcdude

Has anyone had experience with a Yammie 2500 manual setup? I have one and I want to make changes to the setup manually, but when I try it reverts back to the YPAO settings. I am sure there is something simple that I am overlooking, but right now I am frustrated.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

You need to use the set menu...press until manual set up shows..............then right click cursor to speakers....then use the cursor to get the setting you want.......it took me awhile to figure it out...I really think the owners manual is confusing....but I don't read so well either....Almost too many bells and whistles on Yamaha's.....but they sound good........Maybe someone else will jump in with more knowledge, the Yamaha is new to me too, but when I used YPAO I didn't care for the sound.........

I am glad to see this post. I have a Yamaha 1600 with YPAO. I used the YPAO to set up and then went to the on-screen display and used the manual set up to tweek it in. However, as stated above, the manual is very confusing and I am not sure what I am doing. I have it sounding good but I am sure there is more I can do. I am not familiar with the 2500 but I assume it has on screen display.

Sorry I am not much help, but don't feel alone. I look forward to any feed back on this issue. I have had my Yamaha for a year and feel I don't understand much of it. I jumped from two channel stereo from the early 80's to this amp with 7.1 and feel lost. Love the sound but I know I am not using it to its full potential.