RF 62 vs RF 25 vs F3

chiroguy

First of all. I've been looking at the specs. between the RF 62 and the RF 25 and I've noticed that there is not a lot of variance. What is the main differences between the two and why is the RF 62 so much more? Is it really that much better?

Also, would you rate the F3's above the RF 25's or RF 62's even though it is the synergy series and not the reference series? I feel the high's of the RF 25's are cleaner and more pleasing than the F3's and I'm just wondering why the F3 is so much more. Is it really superior to the smaller reference speakers?

Thanks to all that can help.

Think of specs like boundaries within which exists the performance of the product. Those boundaries still leave lots of room for differences.

If you compare two types of yellow mustard, the specs might be very similar: vinegar, spices, water, etc. The taste might be quite different. That's the way with speakers. Even when the specs are VERY similar, the sound may be balanced differently and there are no simple specs that can define the sound. Even a frequency response curve and impedance plot go only part way to telling what the product sounds like. Ya gotta listen.

Any more oppinions would be great. I'm simply trying to choose between the RF 25's and the F3's and I know it really comes down to what I feel sounds better but I'd appreciate any input anyone could give me. If anyone has AB'd the two or close to them I'd really appreciate your oppinions as well. Thanks!