Will my receiver work?

thump4863

I just got a good deal on a brand new reference system.

2 - RF-35, 2 RS-52, a RC-35 and a Sub 12

I currently have a sony receiver that puts out 80 watts per channel. I have about a medium sized room. Will these sound good with my receiver till I can save the money to get a better one?

Also I havent heard the references but the salesman told me that they are better than the F-3s I was wanting. This setup was cheaper than the F-3s and he said it was a lot better system.

As oldbuckster said, it will be ok for the time being. I had a Sony before I went with the Denon, and noticed a big difference in surround sound quality.I feel the Denon has better channel seperation and is a warmer sounding receiver. The problem with your question though is that it generally leads to a upgrade once you start hearing everyone's opinion.[;)] At least listen to the Sony for a few weeks and ask the question again. The speakers you have are very nice, so dont give up on them if you are not satisfied with the sound from the Sony. They will reveal the weak link in your system. Only you can decide if you like the sound of the Sony.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a good deal on a brand new reference system.

2 - RF-35, 2 RS-52, a RC-35 and a Sub 12

I currently have a sony receiver that puts out 80 watts per channel. I have about a medium sized room. Will these sound good with my receiver till I can save the money to get a better one?

Also I havent heard the references but the salesman told me that they are better than the F-3s I was wanting. This setup was cheaper than the F-3s and he said it was a lot better system.

Tangentially, how do the RS-52s sound in that setup? I have pretty much the same system with the RS-35s but was thinking about upgrading the surrounds to RS-52s and moving the RS-35s to the rears. Was worried they'd be overkill unless I also upgraded the fronts. Thoughts?