A New Section Needed?

Klewless

Every few weeks/months someone posts a question which has been fully covered (beat to death).  That is understandable since new people appear and do not know their subject has been covered.

Blind searching either returns nothing or too much, assumming the person knows just what to search for in the first place.

I am suggesting that with the HELP OF THE FORUM COMMUNITY, a section that summarizes common topics be created and easily accessed by all would be very useful.  It would need categories like xover upgrades, the "minibox", bi-amping in all its faces, lots of charts that map certain details with their hosts (drivers/horn, drivers/notch filter, etc).  A nice feature would be a chart mapping serial numbers to date of manufacture of the early Klipsch heritage speakers.  Topic maintenance should be limited to authorized (Klipsch web experts?) personnel and should eventually stabilize into a fairly static display.  Of course one section for the public to post topics to be added is necessary.

I know all types of info is available and what is needed is an easy way to find it, just like the existing forum navigation system.

I do appreciate the size of such an undertaking but I think it would add a greater sense of professionalism to this site.

Every few weeks/months someone posts a question which has been fully covered (beat to death). That is understandable since new people appear and do not know their subject has been covered.

Blind searching either returns nothing or too much, assumming the person knows just what to search for in the first place.

I am suggesting that with the HELP OF THE FORUM COMMUNITY, a section that summarizes common topics be created and easily accessed by all would be very useful. It would need categories like the "minibox"....

Klewless, I believe that my thread on the "minibox" prompted you to make this request. However, after wading through tons of material on this subject in the archives, I could find nothing on the use of Vishay S102C resistors in the minibox. It seems that the standard resistor was always used instead. I was not asking a question, but rather making a statement for the good of the audiophile community that there is something better, much better, than the standard resistor used in the minibox for mono conversion. Also it seems that all miniboxes have followed the basic plan of using seven resistors or pots: two for the right side, two for the left side, and three for the center. Here I was pointing out that only three resistors are needed in the mini box if preamps are used for all three channels. I did not see that in the archives as well. I apologize if these relavations bore you.

My suggestion was based on my own observation over the years (with my own frustrations of remembering something I had seen before and couldn't find again later) and was not intended toward anyone directly.  I really enjoy this forum and do not judge any posts I see, no matter how many times I see it.