Reciever - SONY STR-DE975 ( 110x5 )

DVD - SONY DVP-NS400D

Center - Klipsch KSCC1

Mains - Klipsch SB-3's

Rears - Klipsch Quintet's

Sub - Klipsch KSW-12

This message has been edited by QUiKSR20 on 12-29-2001 at 11:18 AM

The following information is from the Home Audio FAQ on this website:

Where is the best place to put my main speakers in my room?

Correct speaker placement leads to the best sounding bass and the best imaging. It is generally a good idea to keep speakers 4-6' away from side walls to minimize early reflections. Those reflections upset the tonal balance of the speaker and also interfere with proper imaging. In general, placing a speaker closer to a corner or back wall will produce more bass. Raising a speaker off of the floor (such as putting it on a stand) will reduce bass. The two (or three) speakers you have on your front channels should also have their midrange/tweeters all at the same height in order to create an even image. It is particularly disconcerting when a pan jumps up and down as it moves across the front stage.

Finally, we recommend, with Klipsch speakers, that the midrange/tweeter horn be "toed-in" toward the listener to create the best imaging. Experiment with distance from the back wall till bass balance is smooth and extended. To achieve good imaging without a "hole in the middle" do not place speakers father apart than the distance between you and the speakers. That is, not more than an equilateral triangle. If your speakers are too close together, you will reduce the width of the image almost to mono. Try to keep the distance between your Left and Right speakers a little more than half of the distance from you to the nearest speaker.

I had SB-3's in an enclosure and had to do much tweaking before getting the sound to the point where I was happy with it. Of course, the enclosure is far from ideal.