rs-42 vs. rb-10 for rear surround.

MojoRisen

For all the bad press Best Buy/Magnolia gets...I had a great experience. This past weekend, pulled the trigger on some Def Tech BP 7600 supertowers and RW-10d sub.

Together, these speakers sounded like total crap. So, I spend Sun-Tues visiting audio stores and listening to various set ups (Klipsch, Paradyme, Def Tech, Martin Logan, and on and on). One store that had the klipsch said "we'll give you 20% off if you take it now"!!!! Hmmmm, if they'll do it, Best Buy will match it. So, back to BB/Mag to listen to their Klipsch stuff. They didn't have all of the product I wanted but....without question they took the def tech stuff back and gave me 20% off on all the Klipsch stuff. So, I had 1800 and some change in the RW-10d and 7600 def tech and walked out for 1900 and some change with a pair of RF-82, RC-52, 2-RS-42 and the RW-10d. Came home and set everything up (minus the surrounds...see below) and kept my jbl rear surrounds in place. I was really blown away with this set up.and ended up watching movies and listening to music until 4am on a workday. Great stuff Klipsch!

BB was out of the RS-42s and had to order them so I have a couple of days until they come in. Here is my dilemma.
I'm not going to be able to wall mount the RS-42s. They guys at both BB and another audio store said the RS-42s would be better rears that bookshelf speakers but that many people use bookshelfs for rears.

I figured out a way to mount the 42s on a stand. Do you think this will look really terrible??? Are the 42s that much of an advantage over the Rb-10s (or 61s for that matter)????? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!