Surrounds : RS-52 or RB-51

LiveFreeAndRoam

First, my current equipment: Refernce IV RB61 (LR), RC64 ©, RW-10d (Sub), driven by Onkyo 805 AVR.

Soon, I will be buying the rear surrounds and will be glad to hear your opinions. The salesman has recommended RB-51. Later I learned about the RS52 and wondered what benefits (if any) that would provide over the bookshelf speakers. The spec sheets are too close for me to tell (http://www.klipsch.com/media/products/cut-sheets/RS-52NEW.pdf, http://www.klipsch.com/media/products/cut-sheets/RB-51.pdf. Naturally, I will be doing some of my own sound testing, but having more info before the sound-test will serve me well.

I'm not wanting to confuse the main topic of this thread (RS-52 or RB-51), but I feel I have to mention other choices I'm considering...

I'm also left wondering if RB61 for surrounds would provide a better match or would that be overdoing it? Is there any concern with matching 5.25" surrounds with the 6.5" fronts?

Another option I'm considering (budget permitting) is RF-62 for front LR and moving my RB-61 into rear surrounds.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Regards,
LFaR.
PS: In case it helps, room dimensions are (WxLxH) 15'x30'x8' (or 4.5x9.0x2.4m); the HT viewing axis is parallel to the short wall (if that makes sense).

I do believe that matching your speakers all the way around is the best "Ideal" setup. Sometime that is just not the case, not enough room or money to do so. You also have the remember that the RB, either the 51 or 61 are more of a directional speaker. The RS-52 has Wide Dispersion Surround Technology.

In the room setup are the rear speakers going on the 30' wall and how far back?

As always I would like to spend other peoples money faster then if it was mine so I would try to go for the RF-62.

I currently have the RF-83 setup and just love it.

James

Thanks jamesV.

The rears would go on the 30' wall. The couch is currently up against that wall, so the primary listening position is on the same wall where the speakers would be fixed or possibly sit on side-tables or stands. The rears would be approx 13' from the fronts.

Hey, I especially agree that spending other peoples money is much more fun [;-)] I'm glad to know you would go with the RF-62 option, and I will definitely give them a sound test (I just won't tell my wife about my intentions [:)]).

Cheers,
LFaR.