Speaker Connection Advice Requested

rjrbass

Members, I need some advice on hooking up my new headphones and my speakers.

I stumbled on a pair of 1975 STAX SR-40 electret headphones with the SRD-4 adaptor, while visiting Kijiji. They sounded great, looked brand new, with no wear on the ear cushions, were 2 miles away and only $45. My neighour (in the apartment building) is a shift worker, which means that there are days that I am unable to enjoy music.

The problem is that the adaptor must be connected to the speaker terminals, (not the headphone jack) and the speakers, in turn, connected to the adaptor. There is a speaker/headphone switch on the front of the adaptor.

Will I incure any loss in sound quality by having my Cornwalls connected to the adaptor.

I only have A and B speaker posts on my amplifier, and my LaScalas are connected to the B speakers.

By the way, these are extremely comfortable, very lightweight due to the electret technology, with a rich accurate sound.

Thanks, in advance for your advice,

Richard

Mike, thanks for your comments. I hooked up the Cornwalls to the STAX adaptor, and I am unable to hear any difference on my speakers, but I have not had the opportunity to critically listen.

Your comment has put my mind at ease, and rather than listen critically, I am just going to enjoy my system.

Thanks again - Richard