Everything seems fine, but......

dios005

I just bought a set of ProMedia 2.1 Speakers off Ebay. Maybe a bad decision on my part, because they said they were brand new and in 100% working condition, but they were also cheap. Anyways, I have read through the forums and checked all of the connections and boards inside the sub and the control pod. Everything seems fine, but my left channel on the subwoofer still doesn't work. Both speakers work fine in the right channel, but neither in the left. Can someone help out? Please!!

Chris

take a set of ear buds (that typically come with a portable player) and plug them into the headphone jack on the side of the control pod beneath the right speaker. do you hear both L&R channels? next, plug jack into sound card speaker output. do you hear both channels? if you do hear both at sound card but not at control pod, the preamp is not working properly. new pods are backordered by Klipsch from their vendor in China (since early September)- if you bought speakers through an Ebay merchant, you might want to return them and try another brand/model.

Thanks for the response. I tried both of them, but it seems that it works in the headphone jack and not through my computer. I put an order in for a new control pod. Will this fix it, or am I just wasting money. The seller on Ebay is giving me the run around and I will probably have to wait a couple of months before I get any refund throgh paypals system. I thought I would try to make it work in the process. Any advice....?

• 2 weeks later...

you may feel comfortable doing this, may not, but its a suggestion:

Unscrew the amp plate from the back, and on it you will see two daughter boards. These are for the left and right channels. On each of them there is a fuse, in all likelyhood one of the amps either has several burnt out components, which would be obvious by looking at it, or the fuse is blown, which you can just pop out and look at to tell. If you get a new one and it keeps blowing it, just send it back, klipsch offers repair services on all of their systems, to fix anything that is wrong with them. It is also very reasonably priced :D.

• 6 months later...

I had a right speaker go out on me. I solved my problem now everything works fine.

When I picked up subwoofer I could hear a small rattle in it (a tiny screw or some small

part). After removing the plate I found that one of the fuse clips (there's two fuses inside

2.5 amp tiny ones, one of the clips had broken and the fuse dropped, fell off. I took

it to a tv repair and had a clip soldered in, I just replaced the fuse and all's well now.