Anyone use gold wire interconnects like Kool Cables ( KCI )

Wardsweb

I've made my own 3 foot lengths of pure silver wire ICs, insulated with clear Teflon tubing, and they sounded okay, though not much different from anything else I had in the same length. When one considers the combined amount of general-purpose hookup wire in one's components (except for those deep-pocket examples that may also be wired with pure silver/Teflon), along with the often hundreds of feet of copper in speaker crossover inductors, the comparatively shorter lengths of wire between components, at least in my experience, hasn't resulted in the ubiquitous "jaw-dropping" improvements I have read about. We all hear differently, however, and maybe you stumbled on something that for you is an obvious and special improvement. What was the cost of those cables?

I also used much longer lengths of silver-plated copper/Teflon for speaker cable with our Lowthers, and that sounded too bright to me. Nope, no ICs or speaker wire of gold. Was it really that different from copper? In what way? What purity of gold, or was it gold plated with a different base metal?

Erik