LED on sub

GLklipsch

I have a KSW-10 sub plus 5 satellite speakers. I have noticed that when watching a DVD the LED indicator on the front panel does not stay lit (it is supposed to be green when getting a signal and red when in standby). Although the sub IS working during DVD use and the LED is lit for TV and CDs, is this something I should be concerned about. Is it possible the vibration from audio signal on DVD has loosened the connection? Any thoughts would be appreaciated.

Does it flash on and off rapidly, or does it seem to go off for a period of time? Remember there is an "auto" position on the power switch. If the unit detects no bass for a period of time, it will 'go to sleep'. Try switching it to the 'always on' position and then check to see if the LED blinks.

Bob Thanks for the response. The LED does not flash. It is either lit (red/green--depending on signal) or not lit, regardless of whether the toggle is on the always-on position or in the auto position (I checked both). I am only "somewhat" concerned as the sub IS working. Last night the LED was not lit, the toggle was on auto, and the sub started to work (light stayed off) when a bass signal was sent. To me, it appears the sub is working and the LED is only working intermittently. I guess I am trying to determine if this is only a "cosmetic" issue, or if this issue warrants me taking the sub in to have the LED looked at (I bought it 2 weeks ago).

Definitely sounds like a flaky LED. The sub has a 2 year P&L warranty on the electronics and 5 years on the speaker and enclosure. You can see if the problem bothers you down the road and decide then what to do.