Weird WinXP problem with rear speakers.

EnVy1049

Whenever I boot up my computer, I only get any sound from the front 2 speakers. However, the rear speakers start working once I go into "Sound and Audio Devices" and go into either "Speaker Volumes" or "Advanced."

I don't have to change any settings at all, I just go into the setting page, and the rear speakers magically start working. This only started happening when I got XP.

I have an SBLiveMP3+ (the original), and the latest XP drivers from Creative.

• Moderators

Windows XP will automatically default your soundcard drivers to 2 channel. What you need to do is completely reinstall the soundblaster drivers FROM THE CD ROM, then install the XP update from www.soundblaster.com. You must do both.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

I have the 4.1's (new at Christmas) run Win 98se and have an Audigy gamer, and my speakers are reset to 2 channel everytime I turn my system back on. In Control Panel>>>>>Multimedia I have Surround chosen as the speaker setup I use, but every time I start up again back to 2 channels in the Audigy Mixer it goes, but not in Multlmedia in Control Panel. Kinda weird.