gmx D-5.1

Nabil

i bought the brand new promedia GMX D-5.1 from ebay, usa and had it shipped to melbourne, austrlia. Since the speakers are rated at 120V, i bought a step down transformer to convert the 220V here in australia to use these speakers. The sad part is that every time i turn on power which is located at the back of the subwoofer, the system does not seem to respond at all. The controller also does not work. I have checked the fuse and its perfectly alrite. i have unplugged all the power cables and pluged it well again. But still the system does not work. Could you tell me wether it is the problem with the subwoofer or the controller? If it is the problem with the controller or the subwoofer then can i have it fixed by a good speaker technician? Please help me! im in big trouble. I have been waiting to use these speakers for quite sometime now. And now that i have it, i cant use it. Please advice me what to do!

Good Luck on getting a response. I have been trying to figure out why mine keeps blowing the fuse, but no one has helped me [:@] Anyways, quick question? Have you taken a voltage tester to see if there is any juice running through the back where you plug the speaker wires in? You will have a current there regardless of the controller, mine did anyways. And also if you turn off the switch on the back of the sub/amp box, it will make a small pop sound after about a second of flipping the switch. Mine also always had a very low hum if you hold your ear to the sub/amp box and also it would get warm on the matal where all the stuff plugs into, even if my controllar was turned off because there is always a current running into the amp. If you don't get a voltage nor hear a hum from the sub/amp box, then I'd say that your converter might be bad? Or, your whole speaker system is shot. Which I hope not. I paid a pretty penny for mine 3 years ago. Very good speakers though. I had them connected to my TV for movies and my game consoles. Halo 2 sounds great on them [:D] Hope this will help you out. One more thing. Not sure about the converters down there, but up here in the US, they all have a fuse in them, you might have a bad fuse in it too?

Hi...I saw Nabil's post in the "Forums" Forum. I'm sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with the GMX systems...

I don't believe that our CSR's are technically required to paruze the forums, so it's possible no one has seen your request for help. You both may want to contact Klipsch directly to recieve one on one customer service in regard to your problems.

Please call toll free 1-800-KLIPSCH or (1-800-554-7724) Mon-Fri 8a-5p Eastern