Need advice on a jumper wire found on type A crossover

Old-Tube-Sound

Hi All,

A good friend gave me his type A crossovers out of his 1967 Khorns which I'm going to audition in my 82 Khorns with my SET amp that we were all discussing a few weeks ago. When he gave them to me I noticed that there is a jumper wire between the + woofer tie down screw and the + on the input tie down screw that does not look factory but more like an after thought, my friend said the jumpers were there when he bought the speakers last spring. I have attached a photo, can anyone tell me if the jumpers are supposed to be there or are they an addition that really shouldn't be there. I have tried to research it on the net but found nothing so I'm relying on all of you my fellow Klipsch fans for the answer, thanks.

Dave

post-24066-13819354204108_thumb.jpg

I have both but the one with the jumper is the type A crossover. Should I remove it to put it back the way it came from the factory? What would be the advantage in bypassing the inductor?

it depends where you are going to install the crossover.

If that jumper is in fact by-passing the woofer inductor, seems like someone was trying a PWK experiment mentioned in the Dope From Hope Vol. 12. No. 2 March 1972.

He said that results in an inaudible difference but measures a bit better.

Bob Crites