Which surrounds to match Forte's and KLF-c7?

crwjumper

I'm using a set of original Forte's (bought new long ago) and a newly purchased KLF-C7 center with a pair of Quartet (oops!) Quintet surrounds. I'm floored by how much the KLF-C7 has brought the rest of the system to life. Amazing!

I'm wondering if upgrading the surrounds will have anywhere near as much of effect on the sound. Seems impossible but who knows?

What would be the best choice to match this system?

I'm not opposed to buying used older speakers (Klipsch speakers wear well!).

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks!

Absolute best match would be exact matches to the fronts, in this case Forte's. The center KLF-C7 was developed after the Forte's went by the wayside, so some may say their not a match, but from what I've learned, the KLF-C7 is so similar to the Academy, I doubt many would be able to tell the difference.

If space is at a premium for surrounds, quartets would be an option as far as height, but not footprint, so the quartet idea is not quite as good as it seems, unless they "Just fit", where another pair of Forte's will not. You are currently using quintets for rears. They probably work fairly well as surrounds now, not withstanding the fact that you probably have to turn the gain on the surrounds to keep up with the forte's. Where you're really going to notice a difference is in music playback, when you desire more rear channel re-inforcement, the quint's just can't do that. If you need something small, like the quint's, go to main website and look up bookshelf speakers, then go to discontinued models. I'd look for a KG series that matches your Forte's similarly in SPL output. When you find something, put a WTB on "Garage Sale" on this forum, also look on Ebay. the smaller Kg's usuall go pretty cheap. They'll be just fine (providing your using a decent sub).

Good luck.