no power to my sub10

jwatson364

i have an aiwa av receiver, 8" yamaha bookshelfs for fronts, dual 5" jbl center, 5" jbl bookshelfs in rears....(im saving up for f3 fronts, f2 rears, and klipsch center)....

i have followed the instructions in the manual, which gives no troubleshooting advice.....

first, i used the current setup i had (speakers to receiver) and plugged in my new subwoofer rca cable from receiver to sub....no signs of life from sub, but my speakers still worked.......i used the left rca on the sub as directed.....then the right......then i used a Y cable to both.....still no life......

then, i went from my receiver to the sub, then from sub to front speakers (as directed) and my sub will not power on.....my fronts and rears are working, but not my sub.....no power or any signs of life from it......

i have tried both techniques using all the music modes of my reciever aiwa av-d57

im having a really lousy xmas until this is fixed, and i dont want to return it to bestbuy just yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

when plugged in wall and set to 'on' there is no light on the front panel....

this is the worst part, i take it apart to check the fuse.....THERE IS NO FUSE!!!

U THINK THAT WAS BAD????

THE SPEAKER WASNT EVEN HOOKED UP INTERNALLY!!!

WHAT IS THE DEAL KLIPSCH???

this is suppose to be the first piece to my first klipsch system, but if they are this shoddy, i may just stick to my jbl's or move to boston acustics......

i took back that piece of trash and exchanged it for the same sub......

this sub10 rocks my house!!!! i love it...... i am very satisfied with what i am hearing from movies.....it holds its own with music too, but i am under the impression that subs are only to assist fronts in the music scene, so i will be saving up for those f3's or f2's.....

thanks to all those who responded, i appreciate the help!!!

one klipsch down, 5 to go!!!

Ok, today I bought a new RW-10D to go along with my RF/RC-52's. Nothing like matching and I am psyched, I ordered from a place in NYC, so before I get the tracking number I get the package.

Yamaha RX-v661

Two Klipsch RF-52's

One Klipsch RC-52

two Klipsch Heresy II's

Klipsch RW-10D (now...psych).