Which Klipsch System? RF 82 vs RVX 54 vs RB 81

aaronm503

All, I'm currently building my first house (breaking ground in March) and I've worked out a budget with my wife at about $3000 for the speakers. This budget would allow me to choose between the following three systems: RF 82 vs. RVX 54 vs. RB 81. As for the family room shape and size, picture an upside down 'U' with dimensions of 15 x 14 with the TV on the front wall. The back end opens to the kitchen table and kitchen itself (nice to cook and see TV).

<br>As for special considerations, after reading a bit on the forums, it appears that I can wall mount any of the surround speakers for those three systems via omnimount or sanus products. Besides getting the surrounds on the 'side walls' (which will be slightly behind the main seating area) I don't have a preference on the mains or center or sub. 80% of the sound will be used via movies and the other 20% with music. Powering the system will most likely be the Onkyo 705 (still investigating the receiver, but I'm pretty confident with that model's bang /buck ratio with 3 hdmi and HD audio processing). Any recommendations or advice on the systems before I go and listen to them?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Myself I would strongly lean towards the RF 82 system. Takes the (wanna upgrade) out of the equation...............On the other hand, if WAF is in the Mix go for the RB 81's - great sound with less physical presence in the room............ Listen to both and decide. I don't know anything about the RVX54 to accurately comment............Good Luck, Post Pics when you get r done.................

My wife thorugh in a little other requirement. The rear surrounds should either be in-wall or wall mountable. I know I could mount the big bookshelf on the walls, but she doesn't want anything big on the walls-- at least in the rear.

I wonder how the RF 82 system would match with klipsch's in-wall speakers?

-Aaron

I listened to some Klipsch speakers this weekend and I really love the RF 63 system. However, I'm won't be able to afford the complete RF 63 system. In particular, I'm going to save money and go with wall mount or in-wall speakers for the 2 surrounds. What speakers would match well to the 63 L/ R and 64 Center that are inwall / wall mountable?

Thanks,

Aaron