Quintet III

jbd

I have the Quintet III system with the sub 10. A few questons. . .

1) I am looking to upgrade my receiver and was looking for reccomendations. I would like to spend around $500. Is there a concern about the output of the receiver not matching up with the speakers as I read in other forums?

2) What speaker wire would be best to hook up the Quntiet III's?

3) I was reading the forum about mounting the speakers on the wall and was wondering how stable the brackets are. It seems like several people had trouble mounting the Quintet III's.

I have the quintets and i am running them with a sony str-dg600 amplifier, i love it. When i went receiver shopping i compared this sony amplifier to a yamaha rx-v659, and the sony sounded better. And the best part is i got it as an open box item for $140. This receiver has plenty of power and then more, and it really doesnt strain at all. Mine has never had any problem with clipping. It is surely the best receiver for the price. Either go with this receiver or a pioneer receiver, cuz it is the only other brand of receiver that was comparable to the sony. I am not an audiophile but i know from experience that the quintets and this receiver go good together. Oh and im using 16 guage speaker wire to run them. Good luck and know that i was in your shoes a few months ago, and i made the choice of the sony after comparing different receivers of different price ranges, and the sony was the best in my opinion. So Good luck!!