Subwoofer not producing sound

MHRossing

I am relatively new to setting up electronics, and am having trouble getting my Klipsch RW-12D to produce sound. I am setting up a 7.1 system and have a Yamaha RX-V3800 receiver. When I test the speakers the subwoofer does not even produce the test sounds. It does turn however when plugged in. I have it connected via an RCA cable to the subwoofer out plug on my receiver. Can anyone give me suggestions on what might be the problem. I have a feeling it is a simple stereo setting issue but I cannot seem to figure it out. I have my front and center speakers set to small. Any ideas? Am I an ignoramus and just missing something easy?

The new Yamaha recievers all have YPAO, if everything is hooked up properly it should find the speakers and sub itself.

Have you tried the auto calibration? Yamaha suggests that the gain should be a little under 1/2 and the freq. crossove on the sub set to the max. I have found with my system that I had to tweak afterwards but the reciever found everything.

Nice reciever by the way!!

Ran