Receiver selection for Klipsch Quintet SL speakers

apkaman

Hello,

I just recently bought Klipsch Quintet SL speaker system and since this is my ever high-end system setup with Klipsch, I need help in choosing the receiver. I'm specifically thinking between Harman kardon, yamaha or Denon. I need people feedback on receiver selection in particular to match with Klipsch speakers. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Paddy

I don't know your apt size, but my recommendations would be.

1. take back the Quintets and buy either some RB 35'S OR RB 81'S OR EVEN the B3 synergy speakers.

2. Buy the HK 247 Receiver.

Just an Idea, cause if you buy the quintets, you're gonna wanna upgrade real soon!.................been there, done that !

Bill,

Thanks for the feedback. My apt size is 16x15 and definitely I'll consider RB series but I have question, can I use quintet for 5( 4 rear and center channel) and just buy those RB or snergy for Front channel or since I just bought this brand new it's a good idea to return and upgrade to those series of home theather itself.

Seems like HK is way to go...How do you compare HK 247 to 347? The only reason is because I don't see much of difference in terms of specs. but the prices are way different.

ap, I assume that the Quintets would be fine for rear duty. Also when you get the RB or Synergy series make sure you get the Center channel speaker that goes with that particular model.

Check the HK website for differences in the 247/347 models, but overall you will be very pleased with the 247. They also have refurbished units at a great discount on that website. Good Luck.