New system advice......

hammerspg

I have just completed my new HT sytem,incorporating a Denon AVR 3808CI,RF 82 fronts,RC 64 center and RF 52 surrounds,plus an RT 12D subwoofer!!!!

I have all components attached but, could use some advice on configuration of frequencies etc for the individual speaker setup to optimize the equipment.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jim,

Welcome to the forum and the madness. That is a great setup that you have. Is this for HT only or music also? I am sure others will chime in to help you out but others will say to go to RadioShack and get a SPL meter to setup the room. Here is a link to the model, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103667&cp=&pg=3&sr=1&origkw=spl+meter&kw=spl+meter&parentPage=search.

Again welcome and please post your comments about your new speakers.

James

Thanks for your response.....I will be using the system for both HT and Stereo for music as well.I truly am a neophyte and have spent quite alot on this equipment and hope to acheive full potential for the buck!

The Denon reciever came with an Audessy calibration mic,but I have not tried it yet.Lots of settings to play with if you know what you are doing.(Which I dont)

Thanks

Jim

I use the Audyssey first and tweak from there. When you calibrate the main listening position, put the mic in the middle listening position and the distances and levels will be accurate. The sub distance may look strange but is probably adjusted for room eq. Really only major change I made was fade the surround speakers for movies, but play with them all as you can always recalibrate.

Me?

I like the Denons. I think they have a very clean sound and the 3808 has alot of features including ethernet port for Internet radio / music server / firmware updates, etc., multisource/multizone, HDMI 1.3, 40 hz and 60 Hz crossover settings, and all the latest audio formats, etc. I was coming off another Denon so I didn't really compare with anything else except Yamaha.

If I were buying again I might look harder at Pioneer, Onkyo, and Marantz or separates if I had the $$$, but I am very happy with this unit.