SW12 ground loop diagnostics.

calaway

I am trying to resolve a hum that is coming out of my SW12.

I have followed the below resolution that I read on a forum at ecoustics.com:

Begin original text:______________________________________________________________ "I took off the ground-loop isolator I'd been using and connected a plain 14-gauge wire to chassis screws on the sub and the receiver then powered everything on. Although hum was still there, it was far lower than before. Next I unscrewed the ground-loop screw on the back of the sub and that took care of the hum completely." ___________________________________________End original text.

I took a 14 guage wire and connected a chassis screw on my receiver to a chassis screw on my SW12. It did take away a significant amount of the hum.

My question to the resident experts: Does my SW12 even HAVE a ground loop screw?

• 2 weeks later...

The ground hum was resolved by accident. My television lost a fuse, so after I replaced the fuse and got the TV working, I also upgraded my old battery backup (APC SmartOffice) to a Monster power bar. THe grounded Coax cable took away the hum! No more feedback from the ground.

The sub is running wonderfully, and it SHAKES the room if I want it to.