Question about center channel?

flossmore

Let me introduce myself first as I am new to the community here. I am 29 years old and a big fan of audio especially the Klipsch line. I worked for 3 years in a higher end (higher end meaning we carried reference, polk lsi, infinity kappa and the good velodyne subs) home theatre store and really loved every minute of it. I have since moved on but still have a passion for audio. My current set up which was bought direct from Klipsch during a sales spiff program is RF-15's and RB-25's. These speakers have been sitting untouched for 4 years now (still in the box) and I have finally decided to put them to use. Obviously I am missing the two main components of any home theatre system the center and sub. The sub I have figured out and I am going to get an HSU. Nothing against the Klipsch line but there subs have always left something to be desired in my opinion. The center is what has me in a quandary. I know what the perfect timber match would be the RC-25 but as you can tell I already mixed that with my other 2 any ways. To the point..... I am unfamiliar with the Legend Series specifically the KLF-C7. I have the opportunity to purchase this speaker in mint condition for $180 (good deal???). Would this match the Reference line I have now or would the Ceramettalic and Poly Carbon Graphite cones that the KLF-C7 has be a bit of a mismatch?? I do know I am matching a monster center with some of the smaller Reference speakers and that concerns me too. Well any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Greetings to you.

You have a good setup, so far. Go the extra mile and just get the RC35 center. Sadly the KLF-C7 will on voice match with Reference.

Check out Vanns.com they are having some sales on Klipsch Products. i.e. RC35 for 299.00 from an authorized Dealer.

Thanks for your response Bill. That's what I figured about the timber matching. Only if they had invented ceramettalic a few years before......... It was worth a shot considering the price on a top of the line Klipsch center. I may still pick it up even if to have to build around. May give me a new project [:D]

I was thinking that too but I am one of those get a good deal and work with it types. I do appreciate it though because I know if I need to I got a good deal and can use it to get exactly what I need. I am already so excited about talking audio!!!!! [:D] All it took was a couple years away from the main stream and the itch was back in full force.