Still need help guys..

Kyler Cavers

Alright well a little while ago I posted about having troubles with my RSW-12 but i'll start from the start and put down as much as I can explain. A few months ago my sub had just started cutting out on me while playing and eventually it just all of the sudden stopped playing at all. I took the sub down to my authorized dealer and it wasn't a while until I got a call and they couldn't explain why but the woofer just stopped working so they ordered a new one from Klipsch. So I brought the sub home a week or so later all excited to have bass again and all of the sudden I just notice an almost distorting sound coming from the driver, like a click or just the woofer hitting too hard (difficult to explain). The problem is that the volume wasn't all that loud, (I usually keep the sub at about 1 o'clock on the dial) and the receiver was set to about -25 to -20. It was just horrible because I don't ever recall the sub doing this before and I'm not hard on my equipment, I was listening to .38 special which is not heavy thick LFE action.

So not long after this I took the sub back to my dealer and tried to explain the issue, the told me to leave it and there and they would look at it. About a week later I get a call back with them explaing that the cylinder the drives the woofer behind the cone was off center and thats what I was hearing, so they ordered a another replacement woofer which was in another week and some later. I just got the sub back earlier this week and I still notice this sound which leads me to believe it's distorting. I'm becoming ever frustrated because I don't ever remember the sub doing this before and my gut just tells me something isn't right. I shouldn't have to be constantly adjusting the sub volume from music to movies to games and always having to check to see if it's distorting because to me it's just not loud enough for a $2000 sub to fail.

I'm going to get a guy from my dealer to come over and listen to exactly what I hear and see what he says, I'm also going to call Klipsch on monday and just see what they have to say, it's still covered by warranty but imho something is just wrong.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Other than contacting the dealer and Klipsch to resolve the issue...no.

With luck they will be able to finally resolve your issue. Best of luck...

On the other hand, in a slightly more sardonic mood, you could always take up listening to music on an iPod...[;)]