Does anyone use these as surround speakers CDT-5800-C or CDT- 5650-C In-ceiling Loudspeaker?

StLouisVegan

Do to the narrow size (18 x 16) of my parents home theater... I was thinking if these in-ceilng speakers would work with KLF-30's. My parents just bought a Onkyo 805 receiver and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player to get 7.1 surround sound. I would perfer in-walls as surround backs and in-ceiling for side surrounds, but they would not mind just to do ALL ceiling surrounds? Are the 5800 and 5650 any good as surrounds for the KLF-30's? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The CDT 5650 C is one of our most popular models. It's smaller woofer still carries down below the 80 Hz crossover point, the 5000 series is comparable in quality and materials to the Reference line.

I like to see side surround in wall if possible R 5650 S, and if there is some distance available, R5650 W makes good inwall rear centers, but the CDT series can be used to good effect too. In the side positions, try rotating the tweeter pod to reflect sound off of nearby walls, giving a wide diffuse sound. Rear surround in ceiling should be aimed directly at the listener to more closely abide by THX standards.

Due to room limitations and WAF, I just installed a set of the 5650's as rear side surrounds, 12 ft high pointed directly at the listening position. These are matched to a RF52 system, and I am pleased with their performance. I can tell that the speakers are somewhere above ear level, but I cannot tell that they are 12 ft above me.

I dont know how well they will match the KLF-30's.