extension cable hopeful

clipsh

I am currently using a Pro Media 2.1 speaker set up with my home computer system and am very happy with it... everything works great . I am planning on buying another Pro Media 2.1 set up to use in a small store we have and power them with an old Carver receiver/amp through the headphone jack which I have converted to a mini jack.

I have already tried this system out with my existing speaker set up and it works.... using an iPod plugged into the "cd in" jack.

My goal is to be able to have the Carver receiver at the front desk and the speakers/sub about 30 feet away. i'm planning on creating an extension cable with the appropriate mini jacks on either end to facilitate this arrangement, and was wondering if any one knows if this additional length will adversely affect the performance and if so will it be damaging to the system ( speakers/sub set up). Also, I'm not sure what cable to specify when I go to buy it... as far as guage, type etc.

Any input wopuld be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest srobak

It will drop signal strength just a tad - but at 30 feet, it should be minimal. You should be good to go - just watch your output volume... don't jack it up too high.