Anyone Try This???

mad3d

Just because I was bored I opened up one of my 4.1's sats to see how the crappy miniplug connection was connected to the actual speakers. It looks as though it could just be taken off very easily and replaced with some binding posts for a much better connection. Has anyone tried this before? (Yes, I know it would void the warrenty....)

yes, this has been done on a guy's v2.400's. Nothing in the world is new... hehehe, check in teh Popular Mechanics last page, shows many "new" ideas that are really quite old Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

not sure how that works.... you woudl have to ask klipsch one that... LoL!

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

• 5 weeks later...

alright, i finally remembered to reply to my post..... anyways, i did my mod about 3 weeks ago. Basically what i did was open up the speakers, take off the minijack/monoplug wires, pop the plug off the back of the speaker, and solder 14 gauge speaker wire directly to the circuit board feeding out the back of the speaker. After a foot or so outside the speaker I attached bananna plugs. My speakers now sound slightly better (I did the original cable mod before) and the mids seem slightly clearer. And... NO STATIC, no probs with moving them now- these plugs don't have to be jiggled around. Total cost was probably $25 or so, and about an hour to do.

Looks nice Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>