Hearing DTS-HD MA and DT HD

Hey peoples, for whatever reason i didn't think to realize that when I've been enjoying my 1080p blurays' on my tv, that my receiver which doesn't have the "new" dd and dts decoders has been simply down converting to the core dts and dd. So I went to my local store and brought home this years Pioneer Elite vsx 91 txh to see if I could play them. I use a ps3 for blurays because my brother got it for christmas and frankly I don't want to dish out a grand for the Elite one at this time, the problem with that is the ps3 doesn't have any support for dts-hd, just dt-hd. People on the forums are saying that even if they release a firmware update for the support it will have to send it out as lpcm and will therefore sound less rich and full as bitstreamed would. I'd just like to hear this dts hd with it's high bit rate on my system compared to normal dts that i'm used too because I'm already enjoying it on my plasma, I'm sure my stereo would offer a noticable difference. Has anyone heard these new decoders? I'm just kind of confused, even called pioneer but I got a bonehead who didn't know what I was talking about.