What is "Crossover Selection"?

"A comprehensive bass management system with triple-crossover selection makes certain that low-frequency sound goes to the right place no matter what type of speakers you own or input including DVD-Audio and SACDTM you use."

Hi.

I just bought an HK AVR-7300 from Harman Audio's Ebay store. I get a nice one year factory warranty and a 30 day return privilege. I have an HK AVR-7200 that has been giving me power problems. HK has nicely agreed to pick up the tab for my *3rd* attempt at getting it repaired.

Well, I currently have two Cornwalls for my mains, no center or subwoofer, and two Synergy's for my rears. My 7200 powers the Cornwalls and a cheap Sony amp powers the rears. I'm thinking that the 7300 will power the Cornwalls and then when the 7200 finally gets fixed it will power the rears.

Anyway, the blurb above from the 7300's description talks about 'triple-crossover' selection. What does that mean? I see "crossover" in the on screen display in the programming section of my 7200.

Thanks. <-:

Mike Gallery

Pretty cool receiver. http://www.ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/205hk/

Speaking of bass management, the AVR 7300's is supremely flexible. You can have a single, global speaker configuration, or you can store different speaker combinations for each input. This enables you to, say, run the front speakers full-range without a subwoofer when using the CD input for music sources, and rolled-off with a subwoofer when using the DVD input. Even better, HK's Quadruple Crossover system can be used to tailor the crossover point for each speaker group (Front L/R, Center, Surround, Surround Back, LFE). Available lowpass frequencies are 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, and 200Hz. With so many options on tap, it's hard to imagine a speaker configuration that the AVR 7300 can't accommodate.