Does anyone have input on RF-3 ll and RC-3 ll

jerrym1964

I am purchasing a pair of RF-3 ll and one RC-3 ll for $400.00 [ is this a good price]

I have a pair of Synergy SLX LCR that I will use for surround speakers and I am going to purchase a pair of SS-1 or RS-3 ll for the second set of surrounds

I have a Velodyne VX series 10" sub woofer.

I have a Onkyo TX-SR605. 7.1 receiver

PS3 for Bluray. And Samsung LNT4671F for TV

Can anyone tell me how the RF and RC sound?

Also will the speakers I chose work well together ?

And how should I set up the rear surrounds [in what positions for the 7.1]

The RF 3 II are great speakers matching them with the RS 3 II would be the best of course, but you can look into the RB serie or even into some other RC 3 speakers for surround.
What ever you choose to do should please you.

For the set up the following linkshould help

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-RJVkuzcwfHV/learningcenter/home/speaker_placement.html

Hi there.

My speakers are the RF-3 II series like the one you're buying(or already bought). My HT room is pretty small,

about 14' x 12', and I have 7.1(all RF-3 II except for the RS-42 rear surround). And for my bass, I'm also using

a Velodyne 10/12.

As for the sound, well, I have to be biased on this one...they're freakin awesome! I cranked the volume down

once to 0(say -25 at the volume level is a conversation level) and vibrations from the wall is becoming apparent

but there were no signs of problems with the speakers...they handle the load just fine. I would normally watch

my movies at -15-10 at the volume level and with Velodyne crancked at 1/4th turn, the thudds in Terminator

just come to life.

Depending on room size, the RF-3 II systems will serve you just fine.

Good luck,

jav

Hello,

This is my first post. I own a pair of RF-3II. I've had them about 4 years. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've not been able to upgrade my system till now. I just bought an Onkyo TX-SR705. I have a Sharp Aquos D64u series. I am asking what would be compatable for Center, Sub, and Surround . I want to keep everything Klipsch.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum,

The RC 3 would be the logical choice, but if you can afford it go with the RC 7. I know those 2 are discontinued models so if you can't find either one the RC 35 was the replacement for the RC 3 series. The RC 52 and the RC 62 would be a good choice as well.

The some logic applies for the surround RS 3 or RS 35, you can also choose the RS 42.

The SUB is a matter of opinion, but I think the SUB 12 is the best sub for the money.

I just purchased the RW-12d

I did not hook it up yet so i don't know how it's going to sound yet with my HT.

So I guess I'll be selling my Velodyne VX sub.

I decided to go with RS-52 for the side surround. Anyone selling a pair?

My HT consists of

Samsung LN-T4671

Onkyo TRS605

PS3 40 gig

Monster Power HDP 2400

RF-3 ll

RC-3 ll

Synergy SLX LCR

RW-12d

You are correct the sub 12 is from the synergy system. I'm just saying that it is the best sub for the money, it does not mean it is the best sub.

I personally like the RSW 12 and RSW 15 better, but they are a lot more expensive.

I don't think the RC 52 was the replacement for the RC 35. The RC 62, and the RC 35 are much closer in specs with the RC 3 that the RC 52 is.

To start off they all have 6.5 inch drivers while the RC 52 has 5.25 drivers

Check vanns. com they have the RC 35 on sale right now