Hello, New guy wanting advice on making Frankinstien sound better.

cruzin4life

Hello everyone.

I just joined the forum. I recently dove into a new home system, and with a friend of mines ecelent advice, chose to go with klipsch.

I was looking into new stuff and a friend told me pound ofr pound i couldnt go wrong with a pair of KG 4s. Said that would be the best start. And wow im glad i have good friends. These things are 15 years old and sound better still than anytihng im my price range new

The System has groan into a monster i would call something resemnling Frankestien(oak walnut black silver and lions tigers and bears). i finally got what i think is decent enough to start bothering you guys for some adcice on amplification. i have been reading what everyone has been posting and have allready got some great ideas.

Im using KG4s and KG 2.5s main left right KV1 center KG 1s and 1.5s rear left and right ( think bose cubes only KG1s and 1,5s). and a polk 8" sub that sits right behind the coutch. To power everything i use a HK avr 520 and a yamahacrap 5.1. Im happy with the AVR 520 the yamaha has got to go nothing wrong with it just not enought to keep up with the HK. the HK has enough power for me but not enough channels and when i really want to hurt the kids next door with there car stereos it even doesnt quite get the job done. Would like to Starte by getting rid of the Yamahaa at least and dont even know what to look for. i would like something that would be un upgrade over the HK and let it become the bastard for grunt work. any advice would rock.

but even with what i have im absolutly amazed everytime i sit in front of this thing... at any volume any time it delivers. Thanks guys for all your post on the GK4s and 2.5s and 1s it helped me construct this monster. And also KLIPSCH thank you for making movies sound so good in my home, that even my wife sees the need for 9 speakers ( polk sub doesnt count it was free, but hey its still shake your butt right?). ok 10 speakers. Again adive on 5.1 reciver with some balls and a resonable price. Im not afriad of used items or older equipment as long as it sounds good.i was looking at the martienez ma500 mono blocks would that work how do i get it all to work what do i want HELP ME I BOUGHT TOO MANY BAD *** KLIPSH HELP ME POWER THEM!!!!!!!!

Good for you, enjoy what you have ...... I would like to bring up two points, I owned KG4's for almost 20 years, and have run a 5.1 HT system with that set-up, so, always remember that is a 2 way system, it will only perform to a certain level, the same for the Musical Output, they will only play so loud. To dump Big Dollars into Big Power for that system, maybe very disappointing ....... just something to think about, unless you later plan to go up to a 3 way Klipsch speaker ............ The KG4 on tubes sound very good indeed ........ I am in no way trying to discourage you, just making you aware of the speakers limitations ...............

Welcome to the family,

I have some questions. What is the Yamaha model that you have? I don't know too much about the new receiver that are out as I have two stereo receivers, one H/K and one Yamaha. Both sound great with my Cornwalls and Heresy. What really is the price range that you are looking at?

Have you checked out these places, since you like the H/K, might be a lot easier to stick with them.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/default.asp?sp=S&cat=REC&market=HOM

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/category/desc/21

James

price is a factor, probly looking for something used in the 300 to 600 range. i would rather have something good than something with all the new stuff i dont need yet. i would really like something i could set my main volumes and have a master vol control all of them. it almost has to be 5.1 with my set up.... the HK i have doesnt have pre amp out so i need another 5.1. really i have two 5.1 systems that work in tandum.

Thanks but i really need some advice on power... my HK is becoming problem riddin and the yamha is on loan to me from a friend with sympathy for my problems. the HK is a great amp just used though and had its share of owners... plus why not blow the econimy stimulus pack and a nice reciever for an amp in my new house... The last time i put a steeo together was a while ago and i have lost touch with the times and need a few differnt options. and a few differnt opinions not really rushing just time to get some in a little better shape for some huge speaker upgrades. i have seen a bunch on ebay but there is so much i dont know where to start and no way to test a amp that wont be in stores... so figured a couple guys like yourselves would have a a couple sugjestions

Ok, you asked ............. I run two systems, a 2 channel, with Cornwalls, a Scott 299-D, and a JBL sub woofer, I Like this system alot ..... I also run a HT system with a Yamaha 5890 7.1 receiver, H2's as mains, I only use 5.1, but I do have the option of going 7.1 if I want to. The Yamaha does everything I need it to do, and the 5.1 is excellent ..... Had a Sony 6.1, moved to the Yamaha, and haven't been sorry........... You have many choices, but you need to decide what you want ... 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1 ! .... look at these sites, just for pricing and such, ... www.vanns.com ... www.outlawaudio.com ... You can buy pre-owned, but I'd rather buy new myself ......... HK, Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, and Outlaw, they have a killer 2 channel receiver, friend just bought one, he loves it ............. Your money, your choice ......... or, find a pre-owned NOSvavled Scott 299 or 222 intergrated amp .... or, Eico, Fisher ....

CHECK OUT THAT SCOTT IN GARAGE SALE ........................ THERE YOU GO .................. Wait and it will be gone !!!!!!!!!