KP-600 and other similar gear

Bill Cain

I asked this question, previously, and never got a reply. As I was more than happy with my Industrial La Scala's and Heresy's bought in the seventies, I never kept up with what Klipsch was deveoping. When I expanded my system in the late eighties, I went for EAW stuff, not knowing anything from klipsch except the MCM system. Too large to carry, in my case.

Now I see there was a KP-600 system I was unaware of. My question is:

Why did Klipsch get out of the Industrial end of the business? Perhaps even get into line arrays?

I always thought that a highly visible commecial PA line might enhance the cachet of the home stuff.

Michael Coulter?

Sorry Bill, that was way before my time (with the company or collecting). I do know that another company actually produced the Industrial line for a while and then it was brought back.

My guess is that live PA, bars, and houses of worship were slim profit margins. The commercial cinema side is where it's at today. Do you have any idea how many speakers are in one of those modern sixteen-plexes? Klipsch makes plenty of professional gear (all of it in Hope Arkansas), it just has a different target market today.

My guess is that live PA, bars, and houses of worship were slim profit margins. The commercial cinema side is where it's at today. Do you have any idea how many speakers are in one of those modern sixteen-plexes? Klipsch makes plenty of professional gear (all of it in Hope Arkansas), it just has a different target market today.

I'm glad to hear that they still make stuff in Hope. So much manufacturing has moved overseas.

Sorry that Klipsch has decided to not pursue perhaps the most visible market of all; that of the small band and DJ. Who knows what's behind theater screens, other than the bean-counters?

My own sensibilities were that the MCM system was impressive but the KP-600 was a more scaleable and truck-packable approach. Sorry it "went away."

I see the JBL powered plastic speakers, everywhere. Somebody is making money on them. Yet Klipsch Industrial Heresy's blow them away.