Opinions needed on my C2 center channel and Quintet sattelites

pmanicioto

I just got a Quintet 2 HT setup and a Sub-10 sub.

The nice thing with the auction I won on the Quintets is they came with a C2 center channel too.

I tried them out with both and the C2 is deffinately brighter by far. Havent gotten a chance to crank it much yet.

Problem is the C2 is HUGE and looks kind of out of place.

Not sure if I should keep this thing and keep the Quint center as a backup just in case, or sell it and use the Quint center channel?

Opinions?

I may be off here, but I know that the the fronts are supposed to match the center. Even though the C-2 sounds brighter and gives more punch, it may not match up accoustically with the quintet fronts. Of course your ears are what really matters.

What about using one of the extra center speakers for a rear speaker in a 6.1 set-up?

Your right, they prob should match so the center channel does not drown the rest out.

Its hard to tell if its too much though IMO. I dont have it all optimally setup and tuned yet. Sounds damn good both ways though so its a toss up if I should keep it and look ugly and sound brighter, or match sound and appearance and sell it.

I dont have an extra channel on my reciever for another center channel for the rear.

5.1 oldness.