Please help

mixmaster LRH

Last night while attempting to overclock my P3-450 I had some trouble. My system restarted after i got out of bios but wouldnt boot up i pushed the restart button on my computer and nothing the screen was blank, nothing worked. so i pulled the battery out of my abit BE-6 motherboard in order to reset my bios back to the default, well it worked and my computer was back to normal, except one problem. Windows now wont recognise my pioneer 104 10X dvd rom or my yamaha 2100ez cd rewriter. It recognises them when i am booting up and everything seems fine, but in windows it no longer has the drive letters, it only has the "c" and "A" drives? i whent to device manager and it recognises that i have a "cd-rom" but its non spacific it just says "cd-rom" for both of them where as it used to be spacific? I have tryed everyhting i can think of to fix the problem with no luck? anywho I was seriously hoping mabey i could find some help here? Thanx in advance for any advice you can give.

When you pulled your battery and flushed the BIOS did you go back into the bios and adjust your settings? Make sure your bios is seeing all the drives when you boot.c>

------------------

Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System Support

hofmonstr@rocketmail.com

c>

I am NOT

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665c>

First let me say how much I appreciate the quick response, its simply amazing! I'm not sure of the original bios settings however i found that i had made an image of my hard drive about two months ago so i just had it load those settings and its works perfectly now. I was thinking of using these http://www.lightspeed2000.com/abitbios.shtml

as my bios settings, but i don't want to do something and have another problem like the one i just had. Anyhow I'm happy now and thanx again for the quick response!

Glad to hear you have it sorted out. smile.gif

Just a hint for everyone, write down or make a print out of anything important like this. I work on computers daily and even I have stuff written down.

c>

------------------

Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System Support

hofmonstr@rocketmail.com

c>

I am NOT

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665c>